Post Authored by Sharon Nolan
Find Out How to Get Involved in Your Young Lawyers Section at September 20 Meet the Committees Night (Bring a Friend!)
Are you interested in learning more about your profession, making a difference in your community, gaining leadership experience or just plain need to know how to earn free Illinois MCLE credit? Participation in CBA Young Lawyers Section committees can help you meet your goals. Plus, unlike many other bar associations, there are no extra fees for members to join committees!
On Thursday, September 20, 2018, come out and meet the Young Lawyers Section’s practice and specialty committees – everything from Bankruptcy to Estate Planning to Women in the Law. The free event is held from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the CBA Building, 321 S. Plymouth Ct., Chicago, IL. Meet and mingle with YLS leaders, enjoy complimentary appetizers and cocktails, and sign up for committees. Nonmembers and law students welcome. RSVP online at www.chicagobar.org/cle or call 312-554-2056.
Can’t make the event? Members can join committees online at www.chicagobar.org/committees to receive notice of upcoming meetings (which are typically held once a month during the lunch hour). Many committees also host practice area specific networking socials, volunteer/pro bono events, and participate in the CBA legislative process.
BIG thank you to our event sponsors: Attorneys’ Title Guaranty Fund, JAMS, Smokeball and LawCo.
YLS committees include (monthly meeting date is indicated in the parentheses):
- Bankruptcy (1st Tuesday)
- CBA Moot Court Competition (As Called)
- Career Assistance (1st Tuesday)
- Civil Rights (3rd Wednesday)
- Corporate Practice (2nd Thursday)
- Creative Arts (1st Wednesday)
- Criminal Law (2nd Friday)
- Education Law (2nd Thursday)
- Environmental Law (4th Thursday)
- Estate Planning (1st Tuesday)
- Family Law (1st Wednesday)
- Future of the Profession (1st Monday)
- Health & Hospital Law (4th Thursday)
- In House Counsel (As Called)
- Insurance Coverage (2nd Tuesday)
- Intellectual Property Law (1st Wednesday)
- International Corporate & Trade Law (3rd Monday)
- Labor & Employment Law (4th Thursday)
- CBA Law & Debate Club (1st & 3rd Wednesday/5:30 p.m.)
- Law Student (As Called)
- LEAD for Large Law Firms (1st Monday)
- Professional Responsibility (1st Wednesday)
- Public Service/Outreach (As Called)
- Real Estate Law (4th Tuesday)
- Social (As Called)
- Tort Litigation (4th Thursday)
- Women in the Law (1st Tuesday)
About the Author:
Sharon Nolan is the Marketing Director for The Chicago Bar Association. Sharon conceptualizes, designs and implements promotional campaigns for the Association’s membership drives, educational symposiums, special events and more. Sharon received her M.B.A. in marketing from Loyola University Chicago’s Quinlan School of Business.